Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Diva Challenge #230: "Let's all be ZenDivaDala" AND Tangleation Vocation #18: Shattuck

So, I really don't do a whole lot of Zendalas. I don't like symmetry. How to remedy this? Freehand the template, of course! And add an asymmetrical background. Still a lot more symmetrical than I would normally draw...but of course, it's a Zendala ^_^

Tangles used: Tripoli, Shattuck, Keenees, Sanibelle

And now some exciting news - the YouTube channel will be up and running soon! Of course, school's starting in nine days, so once that happens there won't be a whole lot of videos. *grumble grumble* Check it out - there's a link in the sidebar - if you want to see the video of me drawing this really really fast. Or...if you want to see it in the future, depending on when you read this, since I haven't uploaded it yet at the time of writing. I do have one other video, so you can watch that ^_^
EDIT: *sigh* Technology strikes back. I swear, Apple is on a quest to make sure I never get to post another video. I will work through this. There will be more videos. At some point. I promise. ^_^


And finally - your Vocation this week is Shattuck. I should be posting what I did for Printemps, but...it sucks. So I won't. Just imagine Printemps without the whole "overlap" part...that's basically what I did. And then I added a bunch of background stuff...*shudder*


Enjoy and be inspired! ^_^

16 comments:

  1. I enjoyed how you broke up such a large space by using Sanibelle. It turned out great!! Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job free-handing your copy of Erin Olson's zendala template. I used the "reinventing carbon paper" method she described which worked, but which also created a bit of a mess. Fortunately, I'm the mother around here so I didn't get sent to time out for writing on the dining room table. I watched your first You Tube video. What did you use to record it? A go-pro? Then, what video editor did you use for the fast forward? As someone who can get very hung up with symmetry and "coloring inside the lines", I admire the fact that your creativity hasn't been squelched --- yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot ^_^ I used an iPod Touch mounted on a tabletop tripod to record it, and iMovie (which comes pre-downloaded on Macs, apparently) to speed it up.

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean about the symmetry, it makes me feel obliged to repeat the same tangles in each section and then I start getting bored which is strange since the repetiveness is meant to be part of the Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a good consistent hand though. I'm a slob when it comes to symmetry. My middle name is asymmetrical! Sarah

      Delete
  4. I like how you broke outside the box for this...freehanding the template! I *almost* did the same thing, only I did start with a compass. I really like the tangles you used. Sanibelle was a good choice. And I like the light, kind of flowing overlapping lines behind it.
    Your little bon bon there, on the second tile...terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your freehand zendala! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever use of the template in freehand! I love how this looks like a bridal bouquet tossed into the air and moving fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like what you did with the zendala, it's quite original!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for your freehand zendala! It´s wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your asymmetrical solution :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that templet was freehand? WOW
    Lee Darter

    ReplyDelete
  11. Asymmetry is a really interesting take on a zendala. Yours is beautiful! When I first started doing zendalas, I wasn't sure I liked them. But now I love the repetitiveness and zen of doing them.

    I really like your other tile. It's really lovely and free-flowing. I'll pop over to watch the vide.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love the idea of doing the zendala freehand! Great job at keeping to the template yet breaking the symmetry! Love that you added in the background as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hard to free hand a template. Shattuck is one of my go to tangles. Like how you paired it with Sanibelle.

    ReplyDelete