Monday, January 12, 2015

Diva Challenge 200!!!!

200 challenges...wow. I haven't been doing these for very long, and I'm not all that good with words, so I don't have anything profound or eloquent to say...but congrats, Laura!!! ^_^

I think this challenge is great for Laura's goal of getting 200 entries, since there's almost no actual challenge factor (not like that's a bad thing) - just pick your favorite tangle and jump in. My favorite tangle is Mooka...so many delicious, swooping curves ^_^ So, here's my fairly simple 200 Mooka tile.
Tangles used: Mooka...duh
I also did a tile using my new tangle Heavenly, named for the brand of paper towel that I found its inspiration in. And yes, I did actually find a tangle in a paper towel. I think I might be a little too obsessed ^_^ Here are the steps.
First do a seed grid like Mi2 or Summer Sitter, then add 4 dots in the centers 
Then follow the curves of the sides of the seeds to make "pinwheels" on every other section.
Double them up...

...And add the secondary ones behind them.

Here it is in action with some shading. I used regular pencil to shade over the marker as well and was honestly a bit surprised on how nice it looked. I think you could also add extra lines at the points where the 4 "bands" converge to make it look even more woven...but you'd have to be pretty precise in the beginning to make it look neat. Ah well, neatness is overrated. ^_^
Tangles used: Heavenly...again, duh

21 comments:

  1. I love both of you tiles! The flowing lines fill the space beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful! I like your new tangle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your toweltangle! Have to try it sometime :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, Daniel! I love your lovely flowing Mooka and can't wait to have a go at your new tangle. Heavenly. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daniel, I Love your new tangle, Heaven!! I think if I have a chance tonight I will give it a go!!! What a great deconstruction of it too!!! Way cool!!! Both 200 tiles are beautiful!!! Have a great week! :0) Annette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun new tangle. I always like the ones that 'weave'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great and beautiful new tangle, thanks for sharing Daniel. Your Mooka tile is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes indeed, really a wonderful new tangle! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Mooka tile is elegant and flows beautifully! And wow, I love your new tangle and your step outs make it look easy, but the tangle looks so complicated! Thanks for sharing Daniel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, graceful mooka! And I really like your new tangle. Thanks for the stepouts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your new tangle, Heavenly. Being somewhat spatially challenged, I'm having a little trouble with it, but it's worth working on because I really like it and I think it will become a "go to" tangle for both background and up front tangles. I'm also the only person in the world who hasn't set out to learn mooka yet. Nice Bi-Zen-tennial tile. (You're a teenager? Really? Impressive)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't really classify myself as a teenager...more of an old lady trapped in a teenager's body. At least when it comes to tangling. ^_^ Thanks a lot, and I really hope you enjoy Heavenly!

      Delete
  12. Thats a cool tangle! You should submit it to tanglepatterns.com!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would reply to all of you, but then this comments section would be a little too long...so I'll just say thank you to everybody down here. ^_^ I hope you enjoy "Heavenly."

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both your tiles are heavenly. I will need to try your new pattern. It looks wonderful. You can certainly find patterns in some of the most unusual places.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your mooka work...that gold 200 was a great addition...very festive. I'm somewhat new to tangle work, so it may be awhile before I try the heavenly but i REALLY like how it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice flowing Mooka. Your tangle Heavenly reminds me of a chain link fence. It is a nice tangle and your step out is well done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Daniel, your Mooka makes me jealous. and your tangle Heavenly is heavenly. Get yourself down to Providence and get certified, you're a natural!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just saw this post as I was looking around your site. Very nice Tangle and well taught. I just mase a copy for my notebook. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete